Champions
of our time

Champion defined.
- 18 majors
- 78 victories

Charge defined.
- 2 majors
- 88 victories
- 331 weeks as #1

Creativity and
imagination defined.
- 5 majors
- 62 victories

Golfer defined.
- Grand slam
- Augusta founder
- Amateur

The Majors

World championship defined.
- The Grand and Old
- Everyone invited

Major championship defined.
Most consistently producing
true champions.

tisdag, april 19, 2005

Equipment (brands)

I won't post any details regarding my equipment, brand-wise. I do have opinions, preferences and very dear pieces of equipment of all sorts, but I do not consider it an important part of the game itself.

My first year as a golfer I played with a half set. Did pretty good. I have to admit I currently have three sets that are pretty professional stuff. I'd sauy they are far above my skill level, which is sometimes more of an embarassment than an asset. Still I have spent more money on taking instruction than on getting equipment. I am proud of that & think it's something any golfer should do.

I guess the ideal would be to spend 10% on equipment, 60% on instruction and 30% on greenfees & memberships. In other words I do not consider it worthshile to talk about equipment until I am down to a solid scratch handicap. More or less.

Chuck Evans Golf - Here's What He (Homer Kelley) Had To Say:

NWG: What is the primary object in taking a golf lesson?

HK: I suppose it is to lower the handicap, shoot a better
score and look like a golfer.

NWG: Should that then be our yardstick or benchmark as
golfers?

HK: I think so; it's the satisfaction of the game. There is
no sense in developing a game that you don't like. You might as well
learn one that you like. That's the whole idea of the thing, it's not a
job.